EverythingJE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) Empty
PostSubject: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Title: Our Promise
Author: ladestiny92
Summary: A promise made by two lovers.
Rating: G
Genre: Romance, angst
Notes: Story based on something I overheard my parents talking about. It really inspired me.S

“Are you excited, Takaki?” Yabu asked. It was lunchtime and both teens were on the rooftop of their university.

Takaki, who was lying on the floor, looking at the sky, answered, “Of course I am.” He sat crossed leg and looked at Yabu with a big smile. “He’s finally coming home.”

“How many years have been since he left?” Yabu asked.

“Five years,” Takaki answered. He returned his gaze to the sky. “I wonder if he remembers our promise.”

“He should,” Yabu said, looking at the sky as well. “You’ve been waiting patiently for these past years.”

Five years ago

“Ne, Yuyan, what do you think of me?” Yamada asked.

After school that day, Yamada and Takaki went to the park. Yamada sat on the swing, while Takaki was hanging on the monkey bar. Yamada slowly swung the swing with his feet.

“Ne, Yuyan,” Yamada said again.

Takaki dropped to the ground and sat on the swing next to Yamada. “Ryo-chan, don’t tell me you dragged me to the park just to talk about this.”

“J-Just answer me, Yuyan,” Yamada said.

Before Yamada knew it, Takaki was in front of him, their faces only inches away. Yamada could feel his heart beating fast, a tint of blush appeared on his cheeks.

“Hmm, well, let’s see,” Takaki said. “Ryo-chan is my neighbor, I’ve known you like forever, and you’re my very best friend.”

“J-Just f-f-friends?” Yamada asked. He could feel his heart crushing, tears started to form in his eyes. Takaki stepped back when Yamada suddenly stood up. “G-Gomen, Yuyan, I just remembered. I promised my mom to be home early today.” Before Takaki could say another word, Yamada ran home.

-------------------------

After taking his shower, Yamada was surprised to see Takaki in his room, sitting on his bed. When Takaki noticed him, he smiled at the 15 year-old and said, “Yo!”

“Yuyan, what are you doing here?” Yamada asked. He sat at his study table, not looking at Takaki. He tried to calm his beating heart.

“I was bored,” Takaki answered.

For Yamada, Takaki coming into his room in the middle of the night wasn’t a surprise. It had had been going on ever since they were in elementary school. Takaki would use the tree that’s exactly right between their houses to climb into Yamada’s room.

After a short silence, Takaki asked, “Ryo-chan, why did you ran earlier?”

“It’s nothing,” Yamada answered softly.

Takaki looked directly at Yamada, well, at his back. “Come on, Ryo-chan, I’ve known you since we’re little. You can’t lie to me.”

“I told you it’s nothing,” Yamada snapped. He stood up, went towards Takaki, took his hand and dragged the older teen to his balcony.

“What the-…”

Before Takaki could finish his what he was going to say, Yamada closed the door in front of his face, and locked it. Yamada dropped down to the floor, leaning against the door.

“Ryo-chan, is something bothering you?” Takaki asked. He was also sitting on the floor, leaning against Yamada’s door. When Yamada said nothing, Takaki added in, “Is it about what I’ve said?”

Yamada hugged his legs near his chest. “Yuyan, do you really think of me as just a friend?”

There was a pregnant silence before Takaki said, “Yes, you are my friend.” ‘But I truly wanted it to be more.’

Takaki could hear the sound of Yamada standing up. “Yuyan, go home,” Yamada told him. “It’s getting late.”

With a soft “Oyasumi,” Takaki left.

---------------------------

“You should tell him,” Yabu whispered to Takaki. Class 3-B had a free period that time, so both Takaki and Yabu went to the library.

Takaki rested his head on the table. “How?” he asked. Both of them were seated at the far corner so that the librarian couldn’t see them. “Ryo-chan had been avoiding me since that day.” It’s been two days since the incident in Yamada’s room.

“And why do you think he’s avoiding you, Takaki?” Yabu asked. Takaki looked at his best friend. “Lunch is in five minutes. Go to him.”
Takaki looked at Yabu gratefully. “Thanks, Yabu,” he said. “You’re really like an older brother.”

Yabu glared at Takaki. “We’re the same age, you know.”

Takaki laughed at Yabu’s comment. He knew Yabu disliked being the oldest between the two.

------------------------------

It was lunchtime. Usually, Yamada wouldn’t bother going to the cafeteria to buy something to eat because he brought his bento but today…

“I can’t believe I forgot it at home,” he said to himself. When he left the classroom, suddenly, someone grabbed his hand. He yelped in surprise.

“Ryo-chan, it’s me,” Takaki said.

“Y-Yuyan,” he said. Yamada’s heart started to beat fast again, his cheeks getting warm.

“Follow me,” Takaki said and before Yamada could say anything, he dragged Yamada to the rooftop. No one was there except the two of them.

“Why did you take me here, Yuyan?” Yamada asked.

Suddenly, Takaki hugged him from behind. Yamada was taken by surprise. His face was scarlet and his heart beats faster. He could feel Takaki’s breath on his neck. After a few seconds passed, Yamada finally found his voice to speak.

“W-What are you doing, Y-Yuyan?” Takaki’s answer was an unexpected one though.

“I’m sorry,” Takaki said. “I lied to you.” Yamada didn’t realize he had held his breath as Takaki spoke. “Ryo-chan, without you I’d be lost in this world.”

“Yuyan…”

“Ryosuke, I love you,” Takaki confessed, burying his face deeper in the crook of Yamada’s neck.

When Yamada recovered from his shock, he put his hand on top of Takaki’s. “Yuyan, that was what I wanted to hear from you yesterday.”

When Takaki turned Yamada so that they’d be face-to-face, he saw tears running down Yamada’s cheeks. Takaki wiped the tears away. “Hey, why are you crying?” he asked.

Yamada shook his head. “I’m just happy, and relieved.” He looked at Takaki. “I love you to, Yuyan.” Takaki smiled. He bent down a bit and kissed Yamada on the lips softly.

-------------------------------

Takaki and Yamada had been going out for three months now. A month after they confessed, they told their families about it. They didn’t expect their families to accept their relationship with happiness though.

After they told their families, Takaki’s mom hugged Yamada. “There’s no one better for Yuya than you, Ryosuke-kun,” she said.

“I trust Ryo-chan to you, Yuya-kun,” Yamada’s mother said.

“Okaa-san!” Yamada blushed.

One day, it was raining heavily. Yamada’s parents had a party to attend and will return home late at night. Takaki, on the other hand, didn’t want to leave Yamada all alone at home, in the bad weather.

Yamada frowned. “Yuyan, I’m not a small child anymore. I can take care of myself.”

Takaki crossed his hands. “I’ll be staying here with you tonight and that is final,” Takaki said firmly.

It was almost 10 at night. Takaki and Yamada were in the middle of watching a movie. Yamada snuggled near Takaki, and the older teen has his hand around Yamada’s waist.

Suddenly, Yamada’s house phone rang. Yamada went to answer it, while Takaki paused the movie. His eyes followed Yamada.

“Moshi moshi, Yamada residence,” Takaki heard Yamada said. When Yamada’s eyes met Takaki’s, he smiled. Then, Takaki saw Yamada’s expression became serious. Takaki got curious about the conversation. He noticed Yamada trembled. After Yamada put down the phone, he dropped to the ground.

Takaki immediately went beside Yamada and took him in his embrace. He whispered soothing words to calm the crying Yamada.

“T-That was a-a c-c-call from t-the h-hospital,” Yamada said between sobs. “M-My p-parents…they-they were involved in a-an…an accident.” Fresh tears ran down Yamada’s face again. He buried his face in Takaki’s shirt while Takaki tightened his hold on Yamada.

--------------------------------------

Yamada had taken a week off from school. His parents’ funeral was the last time Takaki saw his lover. Yamada had gone to live with his grandparents’ for they were his only relatives in Tokyo.

Takaki sighed after reheating his dinner in the microwave. His parents were visiting their sick relative in Osaka. Takaki was about to eat when the doorbell rang. He opened the door and was surprised to see the tears-stained Yamada at the doorway.
The two of them settled in the kitchen, facing one another, drinking hot chocolate. Takaki eyed the younger boy, whose keeping silence since his arrival. “Is there something wrong?” Takaki asked, concerned.

“My uncle came,” Yamada answered.

“Y-Your uncle?” Takaki repeated, surprised. “But I thought you don’t have other relatives here.”

“He’s my mother’s brother,” Yamada explained. “He was disowned and he moved to England.” Takaki had a feeling that Yamada’s trying to tell him a bad news. Yamada looked directly at Takaki. “I’m moving to England.”

Takaki was stunned. When he finally regained his voice, he croaked, “W-Why?”

“M-My parents, t-they…they wrote in their w-will, should anything happen to them, my uncle will be my guardian till I’m officially off-age,” Yamada turned his gaze to his half-filled mug.

Takaki felt a lump forming in his throat. He never thought he’d be separated from Yamada. Holding back his tears, he asked, “Isn’t t-there any w-way you could stay?”

Yamada shook his head. “My uncle is officially my guardian now.”

“Oh,” said Takaki. After a while, he asked, “When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow.”

Takaki stood up silently. He took his and Yamada’s mug, and went to the sink to wash it. He didn’t make eye contact with Yamada. Yamada felt his tears falling. Suddenly, a pair of warm hands wrapped itself around Yamada.

“You won’t forget me, will you?” Takaki asked. Yamada could feel droplets of hot liquids falling onto his shoulder. It was Takaki’s tears.

Yamada put his hand on top of Takaki’s. “I promise, I won’t.”

“Please stay with me…stay with me while you have time,” he said.

“I love you, Yuyan,” Yamada said, closing his eyes.

“I love you too,” Takaki replied. They stayed like that, Yamada in Takaki’s embrace, for a while.

-----------------------------------

Takaki was there at the airport, before Yamada left for England with his uncle. Takaki’s family was there too. While Yamada said goodbyes to Takaki’s parents, Takaki went to talk to Yamada’s uncle.

“Okamoto-san,” Takaki said to the man in his late thirties.

“Takaki-kun,” Okamoto Kenichi said.

Takaki bowed. “Please take care of Ryo-chan.” Okamoto Kenichi smiled. He could hear the sincerity in those five simple words. “Ryo-chan is the kind of person who wouldn’t tell people his problems.”

“I understand, Takaki-kun,” Okamoto said. “I’ll take care of Ryosuke as best as I could.”

“Arigatou.”

PRESENT

“Excuse me, sir,” a stewardess said. “Do you want any juice? Or tea perhaps?”

Okamoto Keito shook his head. “No, thank you,” he said. He looked at the sleeping Yamada. “Maybe a little snack for my cousin,” he added in. “He didn’t eat his lunch earlier.”

The stewardess smiled. “Very well,” she said. She gave Keito a box containing sandwiches.

After the stewardess left, Keito looked at Yamada again. ‘Soon you’ll be able to see the one you love once again, ne, dear cousin?’

After Yamada moved in with the Okamoto family, he and Keito instantly became close. It was probably because of Keito’s mature personality, that Yamada trust his cousin with his secrets.

“Where in hell is Yabu?” Takaki said impatiently to himself. They were supposed to meet up at the bus station at 11 in the morning but Yabu was late. Takaki wanted to give Yamada a surprise and he dragged Yabu along.

“Great,” Takaki said, throwing his hands in the air. They had missed their bus. Takaki decided to listen to his iPod while waiting. Across the street, he saw an old woman selling flowers.

A smile crept on Takaki’s face. ‘A rose would be great to give Ryo-chan,’ he thought. After looking left and right, Takaki crossed the road. Because of the music still blazing in his ears, he didn’t hear the yells from the people nearby.

--------------------------------

END OF PART 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:35 pm

“Yabai,” Yabu said to himself. He looked at his wristwatch. It was already 12.10 in the afternoon. He was late. On his way to the bus station, an ambulance passed him. ‘Did someone get involved in an accident?’ Yabu thought. Then, he shook the thought out of his head, and continued running to his destination.

When he arrived to the bus station, Takaki was no longer there. “Did he leave without me?” Yabu asked out loud. Yabu tried calling Takaki’s cell phone, but no one answered. So, he decided to take the next bus to Narita Airport. ‘Takaki is probably there already,’ he thought.

Yabu arrived at the airport at 12.35 p.m. “Takaki said Yama-chan’s plane arrives at 12.30 p.m.” Yabu looked around. Suddenly, he spotted a familiar face. “Aha!” he said. He ran towards that person, calling out, “Yama-chan!”

Hearing someone calling his name, Yamada looked up. Keito did the same. They saw a guy running towards them.

“Konnichiwa, Yama-chan,” Yabu greeted. “It’s been awhile.”

“Hisashiburi, Yabu-kun,” Yamada greeted. “This is my cousin, Okamoto Keito.” Keito bowed politely at Yabu and Yabu returned the favor.

Yamada looked around, but the face that he really wanted to see wasn’t there. He looked at Yabu again. “Ne, Yabu-kun, didn’t Yuyan come with you?” He tried to hide the disappointment in his voice.

“What?” Yabu said. “Takaki hadn’t arrived?” Both Yamada and Keito shook their head. “But Takaki left earlier than me.”

“Well, we just landed,” Keito, said. “Probably Takaki-kun is somewhere in this airport.”

Yamada was about to say something when Yabu’s cell phone rang. “Excuse me for a second,” he told the other two and went to a corner, far from the two teens. He answered the call. Although Yamada and Keito couldn’t hear what Yabu was saying, but they knew something was wrong. Yabu’s face expression changed.

Yamada and Keito looked curious when Yabu returned to them. In his heart, Yamada could feel something really bad happened, but he couldn’t place it. He looked at his ex-senpai. “Yabu-kun?”

“Gomen ne, Yama-chan,” Yabu said.

Yamada knew something was terribly wrong now. He looked at Yabu, asking, “Yabu-kun, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Takaki,” Yabu replied.

‘Don’t tell me Yuyan was…’ Yamada shook his head. “Was he trapped in a traffic or something, Yabu-kun?” His voice cracked a little.

Yabu shook his head. “Gomen ne, Yama-chan,” he said again. “Takaki…Takaki was involved in an accident.” Yamada shook his head in denial. “His mother called me. Takaki is at the hospital now. He’s in a critical condition.”

Keito put his hand on his cousin’s shoulder. “Let’s go to the hospital now, Ryosuke.”

“Yeah,” Yabu said. “Takaki need all the support he could get now.” Yamada nodded his head.

------------------------------

They arrived to the hospital about half an hour later. When they arrived in front of the emergency room Takaki was in, they saw Mr. and Mrs. Takaki crying.

“Yuyan…” Yamada said, making Mr. and Mrs. Takaki look at him.

“R-Ryosuke-kun,” Mr. Takaki said, surprised.

“I told them about Takaki,” Yabu said, acknowledging his and Keito’s presence to Takaki’s parents.

Mrs. Takaki ran to Yamada and hugged him. “Oh, Ryosuke-kun,” she said. “Yuya was really excited that he could finally meet you again. But fate wasn’t at his side.”

Yamada felt a lump forming in his throat. “Yuyan…how is Yuyan?”

Mrs. Takaki looked at Yamada with her tear-filled eyes. “Yuya didn’t make it, Ryosuke.” She broke down, hugging Yamada closer. “He really wanted to see you.”

Yamada fell his knees failing on him. He fell to the ground. “Yuyan,” he sobbed. “Why must this happen, Yuyan kaa-san?”

Keito could feel the anguish in his cousin’s voice. He clenched his fists and left the scene. Yabu went after him.

“Kuso!” Keito said angrily, punching the wall.

“Okamoto-kun,” Yabu called out.

Keito turned to see the man he met earlier. “Yabu-kun.”

“Are you alright?”

Keito wiped the tear that threatened to fall. “Why must this happen to Ryosuke?” he asked no one in particular. “Isn’t it bad enough that he lose his parents? Why does fate take away another person that he truly loves?”

Yabu leaned against the wall. “I really can’t answer that, Okamoto-kun.”

-----------------------------------

Before they take away Takaki’s corpse, Mr. and Mrs. Takaki gave Yamada permission to say his goodbye in private.

Yamada removed the sheet that covered Takaki. He gave Takaki a bitter smile. “Hisashiburi, Yuyan,” he said. He chuckled. He knew Takaki couldn’t answer back, but he didn’t care. “I miss you, Yuyan. These five years we’ve been apart, I truly miss you.” He planted a kiss on Takaki’s lips.

Once Yamada pulled apart, he said, “Fate is so cruel to us, isn’t it?” He paused, trailing his finger on Takaki’s lips. “When we’re about to meet, something happened.”

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and the door opened. It was Yabu. “Yama-chan,” he said, looking sadly at Yamada. “You have a few minutes left before they take Takaki away.”

Yamada nodded his head and Yabu closed the door, leaving the Yamada alone with the person he love for what little time they have left.

Yamada turned back to Takaki. “I’m glad you remembered our promise, Yuyan.” Giving his lover one last kiss on the lips, Yamada whispered, “I love you,” before leaving the room.

THE END
Back to top Go down
chr0m3ry0suk3tatsuya
chr0m3ry0suk3tatsuya

Female Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 8:45 am

l0v3 it!~~!!! :D as expected from saida-nee chan!~
Back to top Go down
http://chr0m3-ry0suk3.livejournal.com

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:14 am

Awwee...Nabe-chan, that's so sweet... [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) 395326
I'm glad u like it...XD *huggles*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 1:37 am

WAH! SAIDA!!! HOW COULD YOU?! HOW COULD YOU?!!!!!
WHYYYY???!!!!!

[Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) 418584

I'm so depressed no. I've lost the will to write a happy chapter [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) 708249

but i loved it as always...even though it is sad TT__TT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:16 am

Waaa~! [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) 619678

Nana...don't be depressed...*loks for fluufy and happy fics for nana*
Oh~ Gomen... [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) 370161

I'm glad you like it...XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:25 pm

i was so sad
poor Yama-chan....
but yay Keito was there XDDDDD

i love all ur HSJ oneshots
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)   [Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Oneshot] Our Promise (Takayama)
Page 1 of 1